Update on Google Translate CSRF Vulnerability | Google is fixing the issue

Hey there,
some days ago – 15th of August (2013) – I received the following email from Google Security Team about my latest Google Translate vulnerability:

Hello,
This issue has been fixed and verified by a security engineer – feel free to test and see if we’ve missed anything.
Thanks for all your help!
Regards,
Google Security Team

I cannot hide that, considering what happened in the previous months (read my previous post on this topic),  I have been surprised and happy – I have to admit it :) – to receive an email from Google Security Team in order to inform me that they fixed this vulnerability, independently from the reward that I did not receive.

In the above email they proposed me to test again the vulnerability in order to establish if their fixing activities have been performed correctly.

Yesterday (1st September 2013) I carried out new tests and – unfortunately –  I’ve verified that the vulnerability I discovered is still affecting Google Translate. After the analysis I’ve quickly contacted Google Security team in order to share the results of my tests with the purpose to patch as soon as possible this security issue.

I guess that I will share soon new information about this vulnerability.

Stay tuned!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>